Hungarian DX Contest
Organizer: Hungarian Radio Amateur
to promote the traditionally good friendship between the radio
and time: The 3rd full weekend of January, between Saturday 12:00
UT to Sunday 11:59 UT. On January
any licensed radio amateur stations or SWLs.
- SOAB CW LP
- Single Op All Bands CW Low Power
CW HP -
Single Op All Bands CW High Power
SSB LP - Single Op All Bands SSB
SSB HP - Single Op All Bands SSB
MIX QRP - Single Op All Bands MIXED QRP
MIX LP - Single Op All
Bands MIXED Low Power
MIX HP - Single Op All Bands
MIXED High Power
CW LP -
Single Op Single Band CW Low Power
- Single Op Single Band CW High Power
SSB LP - Single Op Single
Band SSB Low Power
SSB HP - Single Op Single
Band SSB High Power
MIX LP - Single Op Single
Band MIXED Low Power
MIX HP - Single Op Single Band MIXED High Power
MIX LP - Multi Ops All
Bands Single TX MIXED only Low Power
MIX HP - Multi Ops All
Bands Single TX MIXED only High Power
- Multi Ops All Bands Multi TX MIXED only
QRP: Max 5W out
LP: Max 100W out
HP: Max 1500W out
The Categories to
be used in the header of the Cabrillo log files can be found on the contest home page
(www.ha-dx.com) under the Submit Log / Example Cabrillo menu.
Frequencies: 160, 80, 40, 20, 15, 10 m amateur bands
considering the contest preferred segments of the entrant’s own IARU
Region band plan.
Modes: A1A (CW) and A3J (SSB). Calls: CQ TEST or CQ CONTEST
Contacts: Any stations around the world can contact
as many other stations around the world as possible. The entrant can work
once with the same station in the same band except in MIX categories where
the entrant can work both CW and SSB with the same station in the same band.
RS(T) + QSO consequent serial number from 001. MM stations shall use
separate serial numbers on each bands, starting with 001.
Stations operating from
HUNGARY - RS(T) give their HA-DXC membership number or two
letters county code.
(The new membership number multipliers may not be correctly handled by
some contest software. Anyway, just submit your Cabrillo file after the
contest and our valuator software will check all QSOs and recalculates
points and multipliers.)
Hungarian county codes: ZA,
GY, VA, KO, VE, SO, TO, BA, FE, BP, NG, HE, PE, SZ, BE, CS, BN, BO, SA,
- QSO with own DXCC country: 1 point;
- Another country on same continent: 1 point;
- Other continent: 3 points;
- Contacts with Hungarian stations: 6 points.
- Contacts with /M, /AM, /MM stations: 0 point
Hungarian counties and HA-DXC member numbers per band.
score: Sum of QSO points multiplied by sum of multipliers. If no
Hungarian stations were reached multiply QSO points by one.
Only Cabrillo format accepted. Cabrillo files should be
- submitted on the world wide web under the following URL:
- sent as e-mail attachment to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- Filename of your log should be <yourcall>.log or
<yourcall>.cbr; Example: UA1ANX.log.
If you cannot create a
Cabrillo file please use our simple manual log
editor interface on the web under the following URL: http://www.ha-dx.com
Please copy only plain text
into the editor QSO window. The best to use is NotePad for copy-paste the
In the case you email your
log the valuator robot will not accept any format other than Cabrillo. (NO
EXCEL, NO PDF, NO WORD etc.)
If you have any questions or
remarks please use our information e-mail: address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper logs will be
accepted only for check.
Deadline of log submission is not later than 14 days after
the contest (February 5th, 2017 based on email timestamp)
Most of the well-known contest software are available for this contest.
Check your favorite software for latest upgrade.
participant gets a certification which will be available for download on
the contest home page after publishing the final result. The winner of
the category can get a plaque in case of sponsorship.
- The equipment and antennas should have physical connection and must be
located in 500 meters radius.
- Remote controlling of the stations through internet or any other way
is not allowed.
- Single Operator participants may change bands and modes without
limitation. Only one signal can be transmitted at any given time.
- Single operator who wants evaluation on single band only can also work
on other bands for fun. The QSOs on other bands will be considered as
check log and so please leave these QSOs in the log. In this case the
Cabrillo file clearly should indicate the category-band for evaluation
otherwise it will be considered as MultiBand.
- In MS categories the RUN station should stay minimum 10 minutes on the
same band. If it changes the band in less than 10 minutes the QSOs in
the rest time up to 10 minutes will be considered zero point. Band
change starts at the first QSO on the new band.
- In MS category the MULT station can make QSOs on other band for only
multipliers without any limitation of time or mode. If the QSO is not a
multiplier then it will be considered as band change. If the entrant
realizes during or after the contest but before the log submission
deadline that the QSO is not a multiplier, he should use X-QSO instead
of QSO in the row of the log. The valuator robot will skip over the rows
starting with X-QSO without any penalty.
- MULT station cannot transmit “CQ CONTEST”
- Dupe QSO is considered as the second or more QSOs with the same
station on same band and mode.
- The logged but not scored dupe contact is not qualified as an error.
It is better to leave the dupe QSO in the log for evaluation.
- If the received call sign in your log is invalid, or the received RST
and/or serial number is different from that in the sender’s station
log your QSO point will be considered zero.
- The maximum time difference between the logged contacts is 3 minutes.
If from the received logs or some other way (like SDR, skimmer etc.) it
is proved clearly who logged the wrong time, only the contact in
the log of the entrant logging the wrong time will be counted as an
error. We recommend you to synchronize your PC clock to GPS or Windows
time server prior to contest.
- A contact with a station meaning multiplier should be logged at least
in two more logs if this station has not sent a log. Otherwise this
multiplier is going to be erased.
- All entry categories are allowed to use packet and/or web clusters for
spotting assistance. Self-spotting is not allowed.
- Information coming from any other QTH is not allowed.
- All entrants must conform to rules of their radio amateur license and